5 Keys to Living Your Best Life (by Tony Robbins)
How to gain momentum and never stop making progress. How to train your mind to not only get through challenging times, but to take massive action and come out on top.
- Develop a daily discipline
👉 Repetition is the mother of skill.
- Feed and strengthen your mind
👉 Read 30 minutes per day.
- Feed and strengthen your body
👉 Get active at least 5 days/week.
- Get role models
👉 Model who achieved what you want to achieve.
- Make a plan and take massive action
👉 Get momentum and KEEP momentum.
- Give more than you expect to receive
👉 Dedicate yourself to serving others and adding value.
0. Develop a daily discipline
👉 Action: Repetition is the mother of skill.
- It's a daily practice and continued immersion.
- Make sure to have some form of progress each day.
- Progress = happiness.
- Set goals and remind yourself every day.
“Comfort zones: If you live in one too long… that becomes your norm. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.” — David Goggins
- Train your mind to do the uncomfortable things.
- Self-love: I love you too much to let you do the things that are bad for you in the long term. (cf. Will Smith's video)
- When you discipline yourself in one area of your life, you're going to be able to do it even more in other areas.
1. Feed and strengthen your mind
👉 Action: Read 30 minutes per day.
“Every day, stand guard at the door of your mind.” — Jim Rohn
“You're the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” — Jim Rohn
- What goes in your mind becomes the experience of your life.
- Surveil what you're reading/watching, who you're talking to and surrounding yourself with.
- Read things you pursue, not what comes to you.
- Learn what you need to progress/grow. Invest in yourself.
- Train and condition your mind.
- Read/listen over and over to change the voice in your head, to shift your mind.
2. Feed and strengthen your body
👉 Action: Get active at least 5 days/week.
- Taking care of your body, takes care of your mind.
- You can change how you feel instantly by a radical change in your body.
- Pushing your body increases your determination, your will to succeed.
- Make your body stronger, so that you're psychologically strong.
3. Get role models
👉 Action: Model who achieved what you want to achieve.
“Success leaves clues.” — Jim Rohn
- Figure out what highly successful people did/do, and model it. Improve it, but learn their steps. They have knowledge.
- For example, find out what they're reading.
- Be inspired. Remind you there's a way.
- Become who you need to be to do what you want to achieve.
4. Create a plan and take massive action
👉 Action: Get momentum and KEEP momentum.
“Let your learning lead to action, that's when your life changes.” — Jim Rohn
- Momentum is everything. The most important is to get in motion, do something.
- Thinking about what you want to do is NOT enough. START! Take massive action immediately.
- Courage means you're afraid, but you do it anyway.
- Do NOT negotiate with yourself. Do it NOW, not tomorrow.
- See what's working or not, keep changing, and you'll get there.
5. Give more than you expect to receive
👉 Action: Dedicate yourself to serving others and adding value.
- Then your perspective and circumstances will dramatically change.
“It's not about me, it's about we.”
- The more you get connected to people and do what's right, the more your soul/spirit grow.
- Remember how great your life is and you'll feel fulfilled.
Watch Tony Robbins' full video here: