Modernize a Classic Mini, to mix traditional know-how with modern technologies (starting with electric vehicle), taking care to preserve the spirit of vintage aesthetics.
The project is to modernize a Classic Mini, to mix traditional know-how with modern technologies, taking care to preserve the spirit of vintage aesthetics.
- Create a car that looks like it just came out of the factory.
- Complete restoration to have an impeccable basis.
- Sandblasting and powder coating.
- Complete new paint.
- Electric vehicle conversion.
- Elimination of all the old mechanics.
- Minimization of maintenance needs.
- Ideally transform it as RWD (rear-wheel drive).
- Modernization of certain components (LED headlights, electric windows, heater…).
- Redesign of certain exterior and interior parts.
- Tweaking of certain body details.
- Minimalist dashboard with digital screen (and probably a Tesla-style tablet).
- Dashboard buttons.
- Door handles (interior and exterior).
- Refurbishment or replacement:
- Trim elements (interior and exterior).
- Seats and all covers.
- Make sure what we do can be easily replicated (procedures, 3D models for digital fabrication…).
- Isolate custom-made components so that they can be produced and sold separately.
- Use current knowledge and technologies (by collaborating with experts).
- Do things the way they must be done (no imaginary constraints).
- Create educational content based on this project.